10 Simple Ways to Add Happiness to Your Day
Every day has its ups and downs, but sometimes you might find more downs than ups! Rather than waiting around for things to change, you can make an active effort to add a little happiness to your day.
Here are some easy ways to add happiness to your day
1. Watch a movie. Curl up with a big bucket of popcorn and your favorite movie. Leave all your worries behind you as you engage in an activity that you’re sure to love
2. Watch your kids or loved ones. Instead of focusing on yourself, take some time to place your attention on the people you love. Simply observe them and think about how much you appreciate the fact that they’re in your life.
3. Call a friend. A phone call with a friend is a great way to pass some time in a way that is comfortable and familiar to you. You can think about old times or enjoy planning something fun for the future.
4. Enjoy nature. Take in nature by watching the world around you. You can do this by going on a nature hike or even just observing the beauty of the stars at night.
5. Take a hot bath. This is a great way to bring happiness to your day, especially if you’ve found the day stressful. Light some scented candles to include the benefits of aromatherapy to the relaxing warmth of the bath.
6. Take a nap. An afternoon nap may be just what you’re looking for. Even 15 minutes of shut-eye can help you feel more energized and happy.
7. Snuggle with your partner. Take the time to appreciate your partner and snuggle up for some couple-time. It’s a great way to reconnect, especially if you’ve been really busy.
8. Be lazy. Sometimes you might not feel as happy as you’d like because you expect too much from yourself. Take some time to simply be lazy, with no responsibilities, and give yourself time to recoup.
9. Listen to your favorite song. Your favorite song is bound to brighten up your day. Research proves that when you listen to music you like, your brain releases dopamine, a “feel-good” neurotransmitter.
10. Write down three positive things. Science shows that taking the time to write down three small happy moments from your day (they can be really, really tiny ones) makes you feel less stressed, more optimistic and get better sleep.
Always remember that the list is endless when it comes to ways to brighten your day. Be creative and try new activities that you might like. Most importantly, seek a way to enjoy each moment, and your life will be filled with new happiness.